Niel

Based on my own experience.. Well, I added some stuff so that my story will be longer than the true one (heh!). Even though I added some stuff, the story was still short.
Sorry for my grammar mistake...


I looked at my friend. He was sleeping. In my mind, I was regretting for what we had done.
Six hours ago…
I tapped my friends shoulder. He was playing with his game. Well, game consoles are prohibited at hostel, but he doesn’t really care.
“What?”
“I’m really lazy right now.” Hearing me, he put down his game. I know that he understand what I really mean.
“So, you’re suggesting that we’re going to do that?”
“Yes.”
“I like that. Doing homework during prep is really boring.” Prep stands for preparation class where students complete their homework or study. My friend, Niel and I really hate to go to the prep. That is because the places where the prep was held are too far from hostel.
Therefore, we’re going to skip the prep.
And that’s where the problem lies. Teachers always wander around the hostel to make sure everyone attend the prep. To sum up, tonight’s teachers on duty are Sir Raymond and Mr. Khalifah. Both are discipline teachers. What a scary combo. We students called them Double Demon.
“Well, maybe we should hide under the bed while the Double Demons were checking the dorm.
“Good idea, dude.”
At 8.30 p.m, students started walking to the prep class. Because of my so-called sickness, we stayed at my dorm. At first, we were hiding under the bed, just in case if the teachers suddenly checked the dorm. Around 8.45, teachers went into my dorm to make sure that no one skipped prep.
After the teachers had gone to check on other dorm, Niel quickly locked the door and wake me up. Then, he took out some instant noodles, junk foods, all sorts of cool magazines and more. We chatted and talked about wrestling, football and more while filling our stomachs in the dark. While I was talking about my funny story, Niel was already fall asleep. Realizing that there was no use waking him up as he was a sleepyhead, I laid beside him. I closed my eyes.
Tick! Tock!
Suddenly, I can heard clock ticking, like there was a clock in my head. I closed my ears with pillow  as the sound really bothered me. But there was no use. I kept hearing the ticking sound. Then, I can hear someone running along the corridor with a shrieking voice, like a child. But there was no way a child can come into the hostel area.
“Shut up!” I shouted loudly. The ticking sound stopped. I took a deep breath.
‘This is bad! This is bad!’ I said to myself. Quickly, I tried to wake Niel up. I want to get out of this room quickly as I had a really bad feeling about this. As soon I touched Niel’s shoulder, I thought that Niel’s face looked odd. Like, his face looked aged and a bit creepy. But I ignored his face and tried to wake him but he didn’t move even an inch.
Thinking only about myself, I ran to the door. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Before I reached the door, my legs turned to jelly. I saw something terrifying than I had ever seen in my life. A silhouette of a man holding a knife, stabbing a kid on the window. I fell on to the floor, hugging my knees like a child. Deep in my heart, I regretted for what we had done. I hold my tears from running down my cheeks.
After I calmed down, I lifted my head. To my horror, a woman dressed in white dress was at the corner of the room. She was crawling slowly towards me. I shrieked in horror.
“Stay away from me! Don’t come closer! No!”
“Help… help me…” the woman begged while crawling to me. Tears began running down my cheeks. I was so scared and yet, Niel was still sleeping soundly. My heart was beating so hard that it almost popped out from my rib cage. I closed my eyes, hoping that I can escape from this nightmare.
Someone tapped my shoulders. I was relieved that my roommates, Alvin had returned. When I opened my eyes, the woman was no longer there. I was so relieved.
“Thank goodness you have come…” I was stunned. No one was in the dorm except for me and Niel. Then, who tapped my shoulders before?  I had a chills on my back.
I looked back. Thank goodness there was no one there. I had a feeling that something would popped up at my back, scaring me. As I turned my head, the woman before was in front of my face.
“Argh!” I screamed as loud as possible before I fainted.
“Hey wake up.” Slowly, I opened my eyes as I heard Alvin’s voice.
“Thank goodness you are awake.” Alvin patted my shoulder. He told me that he found me laying on the ground unconsciously, so he lifted me up onto my bed.
“Where is Niel?”
“Niel? What are you talking about? Niel had gone home yesterday morning because his grandmother was sick.” I was shocked hearing that news. If Niel had gone home yesterday, then who was the one that I talked to?
I looked at Alvin’s bed, where ‘Niel’ slept yesterday. It looked neat as if someone had never touched it.
“Alvin, was your bed yesterday was tidy as today?” I asked Alvin.
“Well, when I returned here yesterday, my bed was tidy, like no one had touched it.” Alvin said to me.
‘Niel wasn’t here, then whom am I talking to yesterday?’ I kept repeating that question in my head. And I will keep asking myself that question until I find an answer.

THE END

By: RaitaKenji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder

Kisah Kita...

Cinderella dan... pencuri?